What Agatha Christie book are you reading right now?

Comments

• Just started Three Act Tragedy.
  • Evita said:
    I have read Agatha Christie mysteries my entire life but in a very un-Poirot, disorganized fashion. So three years ago, I decided on a plan worthy of Dame Agatha: I started re-reading all of her works in chronological order. The end of my quest is in sight, and I'm reading Tommy and Tuppence's last adventure "Postern of Fate" now. I call it my Agatha Christie Chrono-Quest. It has been great fun, and I have enjoyed sharing her career as it historically unfolded!

Evita, I have taken on the same task as you;  I am reading Agatha's books in order!  It has taken me 4 years and I am maybe just passed the half way point.  Granted, I have read other mysteries as well as other books along the way.  I have also read all of Christie's short stories along the way.  Right now I am on 'They Came to Baghdad.'
    Evita: I have all of my Christies in publication order on my bookshelf :)  That means Sleeping Murder is at the end even though Agatha wrote it earlier during second world war I think. Did you read that one at the end or earlier? Just curious. Good on you!
  • I just finished reading 'Mrs McGinty's Dead'. I had never read it before and it was most enjoyable. It came in a hardback along with ''They Do it With Mirrors'. I will read that next :)
  • glalonzo0408glalonzo0408 Pennsylvania, United States
    The Secret of the Chimneys....half way thru and loving it....your thoughts?
  • ZeddieZeddie Ballymoney, United Kingdom
    I love The Secret of Chimneys!
    Bundle and Bill are such great characters! Have you seen the recent adaptation of this though? They made it into a Miss Marple and completely changed the entire story which I think is such a shame as its a fantastic book in its own right.
  • Just began The Mirror Crack'd from Side to Side, the opening few chapters with Miss Marple make for a laugh!
  • 3rdGirl3rdGirl New South Wales, Australia
    I have just finished 'Curtin: Poirot's Last Case' and I cried at the end.

I think it's because I also finished a 5 year mission to read all of the Poirot's in order. TICK on the Bucket List!

• 3rdGirl3rdGirl New South Wales, Australia
    The Secret of the Chimneys....half way thru and loving it....your thoughts?

One of my favourites. Lord Caterham is an absolute hoot. Bundle is a joy. I am half in love with Anthony Cade. 
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    My Mission took me27 years and when I 'RE-READ' The Mystery Of The Blue Train I realised I was reading it for the 1st time.
    I read Curtain In The 90s and others since, I don't remember which one I read last First time round, When I bought the Collection I made a point of reading POIROT, NON-AC, MM, NON-AC, Another AC, AC short story, NON AC short story and so on., I read mainly Poirots before I bought the Collection, the only Non-Poirot books I had bread were 4.50 From Paddington, N or M and Why Didn't They Ask Evans? 
  • ChristeryChristery Rhode Island, United States
    I'm reading Death on the Nile and enjoying it immensely. I always like her " travelogue" novels. Makes me feel like I too am " on holiday" !
    I have just started 4.50 From Paddington, I am reading it for the 3rd or 4th time, It was the 1st Miss Marple Book I read, I think as well as Miss Marple, Lucy Eylesbarrow and Elspeth McGilllicuddy Are Excellent, The First Chapter really gets you into the Book Head First.
  • I'm reading Partners in Crime.
  • roamingrover86roamingrover86 United Kingdom
    Totally agree with you Thomas. 4:50 from Paddy was the first book that I read , hope to re-read it again once I finish the entire series. At present I will be starting ABC Murders after completing Mysterious Affairs at Styles.
    Paddington was my First Miss Marple book, I have read it 3 or 4 times (Have I already said that?) Sorry,  I have read ABC Murders 6 times, I love both books, only read styles twice but still like it.
    I am about to start Ordeal By Innocence
  • Re-reading "The Mysterious Mr Quin" for he umpteenth time.
  • I have read Poirot Investigates once, and find myself reading it again until now. Poirot's detective story was amazing and he has his gray cells working without moving in his chair. Amazing!
  • RinRin Hong Kong, China
    edited March 2014

Recently I am reading a Detection Club book "Ask a Policeman", but I was actually fascinated by the preface written by Agatha Christie. Here is how she talked about Holmes and Watson: "Holmes after all has his properties, his violin, his dressing gown,his cocaine etc., whereas Watson has just himself – lovable, obtuse, faithful, maddening, guaranteed to be always wrong, and perpetually in a state of admiration. How badly we need a Watson in all our lives!"

Alas, don't we? :))

• ChristeryChristery Rhode Island, United States
    Update: Finished Death on the Nile, loved it ( such a dramatic solution and ending!) I'm now reading that short original version of Dead Man's Folly, Poirot and the Greenshore Folly and will also probably try to reread And Then There Were None since its this month's book club choice.
  • EmsEms France
    I just finished reading Peril at End House. It was the first time I read it and I really loved it. 
  • alanalialanali San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago
    I am now going to start Murder with Mirrors.
  • EmsEms France
    I am currently The Thirteen Problems and I really like it. Marple is a genius haha!
  • I have started reading ` Endless Night ' .
  • youngmrquinyoungmrquin Buenos Aires, Argentina
    I've just finished Dead Man's Folly, which I really enjoyed. I plan to read next By the Pricking of my Thumbs.
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I'm reading After the Funeral. Actually, I'm re-reading it. I've read it a long time ago. And I enjoyed it. So, as this book is the Book of The Month, I take the opportunity to read it once again.
  • i am reading the mirror crack'd from side to side!
  • kindovkindov Slaskie, Poland
    I've started rereading The Man in the Brown Suit. Let's re-live the adventure!
  • FrankFrank Queensland, Australia
    I am currently reading "Death Comes as the End". Very different to any AC that I have read before but very enjoyable.
  • AlexBarryAlexBarry Wisconsin, United States
    I will begin Peril at End House tonight.