Which Agatha Christie are you reading now?

ianthepoetianthepoet Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
I have recently bought several Agatha Christie's to read, I am aiming to read as many as possible.

My first one is Cat Among the Pigeons.

It would be interesting to see what others are being read and if they overlap. I'll keep you up to date which one I am reading. Feel free to post yours here too.

Comments

• I just finished re-reading The Moving Finger . I first read it many years ago so had completely forgotten the plot and whodunnit.  I enjoyed the second reading but remember enjoying it more first time around. Miss Marple comes in very late in the narrative to help out: I think it could have been solved, without her help, by the narrator (in the village for some respite to recover from a war wound) and his dynamic sister.

I haven't read Cat Among the Pigeons so I might try that next!
  • I just finished Passenger to Frankfurt because I hadn't read it in many years and like Lucy, above, had forgotten the plot. I don't care to criticize my favorite author, but let's just say that forgetting the plot was not a bad thing.

I am now moving onto A Caribbean Mystery because I am tired of all this cold weather and snow here in New England and would like to imagine that I am someplace warm with a steel drum band. If Miss Marple were there, that would be a definite bonus.
  • Did you enjoy PTF Laura Ann? Would you recommend it?
  • Hi Lucy,

No, I'm sorry to say that I didn't really enjoy Passenger to Frankfurt. It started off quite well, but started to drag fairly soon afterwards. I didn't care very much about the characters or what was happening to them.I thought the plot was very far-fetched and that much of the book was a treatise on how awful the world was in 1970. I can, however, sympathize with Christie who, after all, was born in 1890 and who must have found the break-down of civility and morals in the 1960s a shock. In any case, it felt like the book was more of an attempt to write a spy thriller, which really isn't Christie's genre. 

I wouldn't really recommend it, but dedicated Christie fans will want to read it eventually because--well--you have to read them all!
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I liked Passenger To Frankfurt until they left The Airport.
  • Lol! I will give it a try, eventually! It is not usually listed as one of her best!

The Worst more like

• Yes, that and Postern of Fate I believe are the worst. I haven't read either yet. I keep re-reading my favourites instead!
  • ianthepoetianthepoet Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    We are slightly of topic.
    IApart from ABC Murders, Cards On The Table and 4.50 From Paddington I didn't read any until I had read them a, I read the first 2 5 times each before I had read the lot and 4.50 From Paddington twice
  • I'm reading "Evil under the sun" . It has been a while i read it . Poirot wants a quiet holiday...I'm now reading the part that Poirot invites everyone so he can test their vertigo.

Nice quote from Poirot about Arlena Marshall: " A type of woman whom men care for easily and whom they easily get tired of."
  • I'm reading the The Harlequin Tea Set
    I'm now reading After the Funeral. 
  • tacobelltacobell Virginia, United States
    I'm now reading A Murder Is Announced. Haven't read it in awhile.
  • FrankFrank Queensland, Australia
    I have just finished The Mysterious Mr Quin. It was unlike any other AC novel that I had read before and it was very enjoyable. 
  • youngmrquinyoungmrquin Buenos Aires, Argentina
    I finished yesterday By the Pricking of my Thumbs, for the very first time. It's hard to get it here, and had high expectations (that the book indeed acomplished). Now I've started At Bertram's Hotel.
  • IlanaRoseIlanaRose United States
    I just finished Appointment with Death, it was REALY good!
    \I started Cat Among The Pigeons This morning, It transports me back to 1980s Malmesbury which is odd, I went to secondary School there but it wasn't a Girls school and my Head and Deputy Head were blokes, It wasn't a Boys school either, Anyway I like the book even though Poirot doesn't a appear for a while.
  • FrankFrank Queensland, Australia
    I have just finished Sparkling Cyanide which was a fantastic book. I am about to start reading Ordeal by Innocence which is the 69th AC novel in my collection.
    I started Cat Among The Pigeons yesterday
  • I started Cat Among The Pigeons yesterday
    I just finished it yesterday!

• I started Cat Among The Pigeons yesterday

I just finished it yesterday!
    I am holidaying in Fiji and have just begun and read 20 pages of Cat Among the Pigeons whilst
    Lying in a hammock. Now under a mosquito net, checking my phone, and about to resume reading!
    Lucky you, I am wishing I was in a Railway station reading it but am not, when I read it I am in bed
    Gave up on After the Funeral for now, I'll go back to it in the future hopefully. I found it kept wandering too much for my liking.
    That is a shame, It is one I really like, didn't the Family Tree Help focus your mind?
    That is a shame, It is one I really like, didn't the Family Tree Help focus your mind?
    Not really.
    Oh well, I didn't get past Chapter one The First Time I read The Secret of Chimneys or 3rd Girl first time I read them, I like 3rd Girl now and Love The Secret of Chimneys
  • Lucky you, I am wishing I was in a Railway station reading it but am not, when I read it I am in bed
    I am back home now and still reading Cat Among the Pigeons, now I am reading it in bed too (and still really enjoying it - second murder has just been committed!)

Further to the discussion between @ianthepoet and Tommy_A_Jones: Maybe we should start a separate discussion "which book is the hardest to penetrate but worth persevering with?" as it would be interesting to hear others' thoughts on this. Sometimes it has to be the right time and place for particular stories to engage you. 
  • Lovely idea Lucy  !
  • Thanks Silvana! :)  Okay I will start one ...