What Agatha Christie book are you reading right now?

adminadmin Cuanza Norte, Angola
edited September 2013 in All stories
This was a really popular topic in the last forum so we thought we'd bring it back.

What AC book are you reading right now and how far are you? I'm rereading The Moving Finger. It's my favourite. I think I like it so much because I find the relationship between Jerry and his sister so believable. I've got to the bit where Joanna goes for a walk on the moors wearing the wrong kind of shoes. I love that bit!
Tagged:

Comments

• EvitaEvita Georgia, United States
    I have read Agatha Christie mysteries my entire life but in a very un-Poirot, disorganized fashion. So three years ago, I decided on a plan worthy of Dame Agatha: I started re-reading all of her works in chronological order. The end of my quest is in sight, and I'm reading Tommy and Tuppence's last adventure "Postern of Fate" now. I call it my Agatha Christie Chrono-Quest. It has been great fun, and I have enjoyed sharing her career as it historically unfolded!
  • Doris_in_VirginiaDoris_in_Virginia Virginia, United States
    edited September 2013

I've read all the Christie books and I'm going to reread them by "Detective" - starting with Superintendent Battle.

The Secret of Chimneys 1925    The Seven Dials Mystery 1929      Cards on the Table 1936 (with Poirot)      Murder is Easy 1939 (or Easy to Kill)    Towards Zero 1944          The last 3 are among her best.

• AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada
    Evita said:
    I have read Agatha Christie mysteries my entire life but in a very un-Poirot, disorganized fashion. So three years ago, I decided on a plan worthy of Dame Agatha: I started re-reading all of her works in chronological order. The end of my quest is in sight, and I'm reading Tommy and Tuppence's last adventure "Postern of Fate" now. I call it my Agatha Christie Chrono-Quest. It has been great fun, and I have enjoyed sharing her career as it historically unfolded!

Evita, I have taken on the same task as you;  I am reading Agatha's books in order!  It has taken me 4 years and I am maybe just passed the half way point.  Granted, I have read other mysteries as well as other books along the way.  I have also read all of Christie's short stories along the way.  Right now I am on 'They Came to Baghdad.'
  • I am reading The Sittaford mystery. 
  • kindovkindov Slaskie, Poland
    I'm rereading The Thirteen Problems - I really like those short stories, it's an excellent book and Miss Marple as modest and brilliant as ever.
  • miss_mysterymiss_mystery Essex, United Kingdom
    trying to choose between the hollow or endless night at the moment
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I am re-reading After The Funeral and then |I will watch the Suchet version and hope they show on Television the Margaret Rutherford version as I like it, I will also listen to the Audio Cassette
  • trying to choose between the hollow or endless night at the moment
    Try the Hollow. You will be disappointed by Endless Night  :-$
    I was  which is why Endless Night is on my short list of Agatha Christie Books which I will never read again
  • And Then There Were None. At the beginning of September http://www.audible.co.uk/ had a special offer of Christie Dramatisation plays and I purchased ATTWN. Then at the Agatha Christie Festival Literary Panel with Kate Mosse and Simon Brett on the Friday night, everyone was given a copy of the book. So this is what I am reading.

• I'm about to start Postern Of fate. I was delighted to pick up a copy of it for 20p which is very cheap. 
  • LucilleLucille Ontario, Canada
    I am reading A Caribbean Mystery!  I am enjoying it tremendously because I am getting to know sides of Miss Marple I never knew.  And, perhaps of Agatha since what goes in Miss Marple's mind comes from Agatha! Yes, I was surprised! I also like the fact that Miss Marple is so present in the book.  So far, she has been in every chapter. 

I am on a reading streak of Agatha's books and I am so happy I discovered this site of like minded people. I have not read all of her books.  But, even those that I have read, I could read again because I have forgotten so much of their contents and even who the killer is. So, it's like reading them all over again. I guess it's one of the bonuses of old age!
  • ZeddieZeddie Ballymoney, United Kingdom
    I am actually reading Dead Man's Folly at the moment as I am a subscriber of the Agatha Christie book collection so I am reading the books in the order they are sent to me.
    I have been enjoying this very much as I normally go through long periods of only reading Poirot novels and then reading a few Miss Marple's but this had given me the opportunity to read a different AC book every couple of weeks!
    With Dead Man's Folly though, I am finding it difficult to read without picturing the cast of the Peter Ustinov adaptation in my head! As much as I love these films, I must say, I find the portrayal of Hastings so awful it makes me cringe!
  • I only started reading Agatha Christie books 2 years ago, and I cannot get enough of them! I prefer Poirot to Miss Marple, but she is a great character too. I am just starting 'The Hallow'en Party' and I am sure I will love it!
  • I started reading The man in the brown suit and I am going to read Murder is easy.
  • SeaSnapSeaSnap Cornwall, United Kingdom
    I am currently reading 'The Murder of Roger Ackroyd'.
  • I'm reading Sad Cypress at the moment. Up to the part where the murder has just been discovered.
  • LaisaacLaisaac Ostergotlands Lan, Sweden
    I'm just about to start with "The Murder on the Orient Express", and I can't wait to discuss it!
  • Sad_CypressSad_Cypress Kauno Apskritis, Lithuania
    Finished "A Murder Is Announced". Brilliant! Love this book!
    Just picked up "Destination Unknown".
    Just started Destination UNknown
  • Just started Appointment with Death.
  • About to start "The Body In The Library"
    edited November 2013
    Yesterday I started rereading image
    after I had seen the new Poirot episode, which by the way was marvellous. It was such an excellent idea to have Greenway used as the main location. And so exciting to see this beautiful house and its surroundings. I almost saw Agatha Christie herself walking around the place.
  • I am reading "Appointment with Death", It just filled with so much mystery, Poirot doing it so well !! 
    @IndraneilChoudhury I love "Appointment with Death" - it's one of my favourites.
  • So do i @Kindov, just finished reading it. It is amazing!
  • I'm reading Endless Night !
  • I just finished rereading A Pocketful of Rye and Sad Cypress, both very good.

edited November 2013
    @Mary.Fitzgerald I can't agree with you more. I can remember myself reading and rereading these two masterpieces over and over again when I was a boy. And now that I've grown up I still can't get enough of them. I'm so glad that Sad Cypress has been made into an excellent Poirot series episode - definitely my second BEST, after Five Little Pigs.
  • Reading the Seven Dials Mystery - loved the unfortunate prank!